Monday, June 06, 2011

Downtown Las Vegas Then and Now ...

The "Then" shots were taken on what I remember as my third trip to Las Vegas and my first and only New Years Eve Las Vegas experience. It was late 1970s, exact year uncertain.

(And yes, Omaha fans, more Omaha to come very shortly ...) :)

Our extended family stayed at the Nevada Hotel, which was then quite respectable and served as an overflow facility for the El Cortez. We had originally booked at the El Cortez, but they had trouble getting the exact number and types of rooms we needed, so they placed us at the Hotel Nevada.


Who??? :)


The Hotel Nevada went into a downward slide in the 1980s and eventually closed.

But anyway ... Here are some photos I took that New Years Eve, and some I shot from similar angles during a 2005 trip ...

Enjoy! :)




























No comments: